When your heater fails in the middle of a Cypress winter, the last thing you need is to wait days for service or to get unsatisfactory service.
We offer top-quality service because we know how important AC repair in Cypress TX can be.
See why we are your #1 local Cypress ac contractor by calling us at (281) 355-0430. We service furnaces, heaters, residential air conditioners, geothermal heat pumps as well as install hvac systems in residential and commercial locations.
Scheduled and Preventative Maintenance
One of the best ways to make sure you aren't scrambling to try to get a repair done in the middle of a heat wave is to make sure the air conditioner is well-maintained. Before that summer heat really kicks in, you can check how well your system is running and identify any issues.
While it is still spring and relatively cool, turn on your air conditioning and note whether it is cooling rooms and whether anything about its operation is unusual. If so, you can call in AC repair Cypress TX and spare yourself any discomfort in the summer months.
You can also have a service technician check your system early in the season. Some preventative maintenance measures that an AC repair Cypress TX technician can offer include:
- checking overall performance and making needed adjustments
- checking the condenser fan motor
- checking electrical connections
- making sure there is no refrigerant leaking
- checking compressor amperage and compressor contractor
A Cypress HVAC technician may also be able to ensure that your system is working at maximum efficiency or make recommendations if it is time to get a new system. We also perform Cypress air conditioning installation.
A Cypress AC repair person will be able to offer more efficient help if you can narrow down the issue with your HVAC system. Here are a few common problems:
- Rooms are not cooling down. This usually indicates an issue with the air ducts. A lack of refrigerant can also affect the unit's efficiency.
- Cold air is not coming out of the unit. This could have several causes including the need to replace thermostat batteries or a lack of power to the system.
- A broken condenser can have a number of causes but will also ultimately keep the unit from cooling rooms efficiently.
- A bad smell may be coming from the unit.
- The unit may be making strange noises.
- Oil may be leaking from the unit.
If there seems to be a problem with your system and it is not cooling, before you call for Cypress air conditioning repair, you should perform a few simple checks to make sure that you need a professional.
- Make sure the registers are open throughout your house.
- Clean any filters. These should be cleaned and replaced regularly anyway, usually monthly. .
- Check the outside to make sure the air flow is not obstructed.
- Clean the condenser coils. This task should be performed annually to keep the unit in good working order. A residential AC service may also offer this as part of preventative maintenance.
There are also situations in which the furnace itself may be failing instead of a specific component of the air conditioning system. If this happens, a HVAC contractor Cypress Texas can identify the problem and repair the system or let you know if it is time for a new system.
When To Consider Replacement
No system lasts forever, and eventually it will no longer be efficient to keep using or repair the one you have. An HVAC service person can help you make this determination, but here are a few signs it may be time for a new system:
- Your furnace is at least 16 years old, or your air conditioner or heat pump is 11 or more years old.
- Repairs are becoming more frequent, and your energy bills are on the rise.
- Your house is very dusty or damp. This could indicate leaky ducts.
- No one is home during the day most of the time, but your system does not include a thermostat that can be programmed. You could save a lot of money with a programmable thermostat.
If you do need to install a new system, you can get one that is more energy efficient. There are many ways to maximize the efficiency of your existing HVAC system as well. Here are a few:
- Use a programmable thermostat combined with fans. This allows you to keep the temperature a little higher than you would normally while using ceiling fans to move hot air higher or low energy fans to keep the cool air circulating.
- The cost of air leaking from seams in HVAC ducts can add up quickly. Insulating these can save you a significant amount of money.
- Consider replacing old windows with newer ones that are more energy efficient. You can seal doors and windows to keep hot or cold air out, depending on the time of year.
- Consider getting a geothermal heat pump, which draws heat from or releases it to the ground and can cool and heat a home in an energy-efficient manner.
We also offer AC installation Cypress TX, commercial HVAC service and Cypress furnace repair.
An efficient HVAC system that keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter is essential to your family's comfort and health, and when you have a problem with your system, you need quality Cypress AC repair as soon as possible. Whether the repair is minor one or you need a new AC installation Cypress TX, we can offer the service you need throughout those hot summer months along with HVAC system repair and Cypress furnace repair.
Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating
WHY MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC IS THE SMART CHOICE
Zoned Comfort Solutions provide year-round comfort and are up to 40% more efficient than traditional systems. Our Diamond Contractors can help design the perfect system to bring you personalized comfort. See why we are the top choice of HVAC contractors.